Ontwerpstudie voor de realisatie van 5 ecologische vakantievilla's nabij Roses, Spanje.
De locatie op een berghelling biedt spectaculaire uitzichten over de Middellandse Zee en de baai van Roses.
Het ontwerp is met veel enthousiasme ontvangen door de locale overheid, en op basis hiervan zal het bestemmingsplan aangepast worden, zodat het plan gerealiseerd kan worden.
Principles of the Design Concept
- A design for 5 villas, with as little environmental impact as possible on the existing mountain landscape.
- The construction of a single shared access road at the mountain side (instead of five) makes it possible to fit the access structure in the existing landscape with minimal visual and ecological impact.
- The design of the villa is based on a modest one floor concept on pillars.
- The concept of the villas consists of a closed box with holes at the mountain side and an open glazed structure at the seaside.
- The materialization and functionality of the design will be based on ecological sustainability.
- The villas are all based on one simple basic lay-out, which is adjusted according to contextual influences of sun and view, shape and size of the plot, differentiation in sizes, means and way of access and parking, etc.
A further differentiation of each of the villas will be achieved by means of transformation and materialisation of the concept and the interior design using the themes of the 5 Elements of Water, Fire, Earth, Air and Spirit, and the villas will be named as such in Catalan: Aigua, Foc, Terra, Aire, Esperit.
- The lay-out of the villas reduces the need for air conditioning and heating.
- Reducing the use of non-renewable resources by high energetic efficiency and using solar power for electricity and heating.
- Reducing the use of drinking water by the collection and use of rainwater and a grey water filtering and recycling system.
- Reducing the use of chemicals for swimming pools by using salt water and UV-sterilizers.
- The use of natural reusable building materials from local sources.